NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Me too! I’m not sure what’s up here. I haven’t been able to get spark no matter what coil I use. I’m going to try an 036 coil if I can fit it. I kinda suspect my flywheel.
Oh... And do the mags pass buy the coil in alignment? Throwing darts here... Spacing correct? Pole orientation? I'm wondering if the coil needs to be shimmed out, or shaved in... Assuming the bigger wheel may not line up dead center with coil arms.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
11:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh... And do the mags pass buy the coil in alignment? Throwing darts here... Spacing correct? Pole orientation? I'm wondering if the coil needs to be shimmed out, or shaved in... Assuming the bigger wheel may not line up dead center with coil arms.

I did end up shimming the coil to center it on the magnets. No spark. Magnets are plenty grabby, I can’t see how anything else would matter on an old 36 flywheel.

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are the mags good? Great thread Caleb! You're funnier than a rubber crutch. I'm almost out of popcorn. 🤣I have laughed out loud so many times reading this. I've shared it with my buddy who's not on here. He said he may join just for the entertainment and education!
RUBBER CRUTCH. Not to DERAIL But I instantly visualized Gene Tracy Truckstop Tapes (8 Tracks) Fell Flat on his Arse ,, Brother Harold's a Cripple ya know. Caleb has the floor (this is his thread) and he is drawing us'ns into it.