Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
9:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bribery? I don't go toward Branson for obvious reasons, LOL. Now if you were traveling through the area I might be able to pull something out of the oven if I know in time.
Branson....yuck!
I live an hour east of there and haven't been there in close to two years.... never for fun...

Last edited:

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Branson....yuck!
I live an hour east of there and haven't been there in close to two years.... never for fun...
I'm a bit over an hour west. Haven't been there in years ever since I don't have to take the wife and kids to steal your dollar city.

Ofarrell

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you sir for the advice. Much appreciated.
I've got a Norwood HD36. Works great for what I do with it. I really like Ripper 37 bands. I also send my dull bands back to them to be sharpened. Works out to be about half the cost of a new band. It's not worth the time or investment in a grinder to sharpen them to me. I send them a box of 20 bands and 2-3 weeks later they are back.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a Norwood HD36. Works great for what I do with it. I really like Ripper 37 bands. I also send my dull bands back to them to be sharpened. Works out to be about half the cost of a new band. It's not worth the time or investment in a grinder to sharpen them to me. I send them a box of 20 bands and 2-3 weeks later they are back.
I'll check them out. Thanks.

Mill arrived today. Gonna be a few days before I get to assemble it.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been studying on how to make a 20' beam on a 17' mill. I think I got it.
It is doable.

Once upon a time we made a bunch of 24' beams on our 21' mill.

Just go as far as you can and then carefully cut the slab off with a chainsaw, turn it 90° and repeat. After it's squared up, slide it down and finish up the cuts with the mill.

You may have a bit of a bobble at the point where you cut it but not too much if'n you're careful.