High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

PAST Upstate NY GTG 16'

d.l.d

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Looks like a lot of fun! Would love to make it as i have never been to a gtg. But the issue of it being 1,357 miles away i dont think its gonna work out. Looking forward to seeing pictures though!

skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
1:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like a lot of fun! Would love to make it as i have never been to a gtg. But the issue of it being 1,357 miles away i dont think its gonna work out. Looking forward to seeing pictures though!
I drove to western Kentucky last fall

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great Job Jeremy, bringing back many good memories.

Hey, my only (redundant) request is that it be scheduled AFTER 4/15, so I can attend.

We should also do like we did at the CT GTG, and at the end, all just cut any remaining wood into firewood length.

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sunday April 24th is the open weekend for the food crew we had here last year.

2015 date was 4/26
2014 date was 4/27
2013 date was 4/28
2012 date was 3/11 but we had very little snow and very early spring.

Last edited:

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Location for those that haven't been here.

gtg4_zpsehs0avpn.jpg~original

gtg5_zpsgqxxzosw.jpg~original

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
April is never a good month for me. Every year I've got overtime, 12 hour days, 6 days a week for 4-6 weeks.

Sarahdodgegeek

Creepy Treemonkey Groupie
Local time
12:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
We will consider... My dad just got invited on an honor flight... We may try to get out there at the same time... If we do that, we'll be broke as heck, but if not, I'd sure like to add it into the list on considerations for the year... What's the closest airport, how far away from the site is it, and what's lodging like?

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I go to this new GTG subforum and look at this!

Hey Mustangmike seeing the picture review from Jeremy now I recognize you! I was at the 2015 Upstate NY GTG but didn't really know anyone except met Jeremy and Bob (spike60) for the first time and we also had the pleasure of talking to Lee Harvey about his sweet collection. Was first GTG and not really knowing anyone and didn't bring any saws was a little gunshy to go start running anything.

Great to see a familiar face from the CT GTG.

If I make it to the Upstate NY GTG I will definitely bring saws this time. It's a bit far for me -- Dan's (Paragon Builder) site is a LOT more convenient for me (only about an hour straight shot south).

If Dan / Mels decide to do a spring GTG in CT or anyone else we will have to make sure it's at least a few weeks apart from Upstate NY GTG.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Eric, looking forward to seeing you and your nice saws again sometime soon. Hope you are having a great New Year.

The year earlier, that was my first GTG. Did you pull the trigger on any of those Smittybilt 660s when you were there?

I did not know him at the time, but Jeremy convinced me to go, and when I got there Josh and Bret (Smittybilt) let me run their fabulous 660s, and I was hooked! Those saws are Beasts!

Dan's place was nice, almost 2 hrs for me, and this one is about 2.5 if I fly low.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Eric, looking forward to seeing you and your nice saws again sometime soon. Hope you are having a great New Year.

The year earlier, that was my first GTG. Did you pull the trigger on any of those Smittybilt 660s when you were there?

I did not know him at the time, but Jeremy convinced me to go, and when I got there Josh and Bret (Smittybilt) let me run their fabulous 660s, and I was hooked! Those saws are Beasts!

Dan's place was nice, almost 2 hrs for me, and this one is about 2.5 if I fly low.

Likewise -- hope the new year is treating you well too.
I didn't run any saws at the Upstate NY GTG last year mainly because I didn't bring any and didn't know anyone besides some names.
Would love to run a 660. Would also like to run some more of your square filed setups.

If I can make it this year I'll at least bring what I brought to CT and will really try to get my brother to join us.
See ya and I'll back on this thread as April approaches.