Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning, 41 and completely socked in by clouds and under a sever weather alert for high winds, blowing dust, and decreased visibility

I would stay in but the 4 pound box of bees we ordered are going to be ready for pickup at noon and I have to grab them and get them to my son

I am sure wishing it were warmer today

In the meantime, moar coffee
4lbs is a lot of bees !!!!

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We used to get 1lb packs to start a hive with.
This is all new to me and the various businesses all receive and sell 4 lb packs for 1 hive

I don't know if it is to compensate for expected die off due to the variable weather in May or what but this is what we were taught in our beginning beekeeper classes

For once I read the instructions and I am following them

Probably be a disaster...

🤣

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
7:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is all new to me and the various businesses all receive and sell 4 lb packs for 1 hive

I don't know if it is to compensate for expected die off due to the variable weather in May or what but this is what we were taught in our beginning beekeeper classes

🤣
1 can of Raid will avert any disaster and you win.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a Tenpoint crossbow a few years ago and don’t think i would go back to a compound bow.

I enjoy the extra challenge that comes with the upright bow. Sometimes not getting the shot ut sitting at full draw is just as cool as getting the shot.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stuff like this makes me have hope for the future of our nation

I certainly don't know the young man; nevertheless, I am proud of him and the man that raised him

Plus I wish I had a dollar for every bird that has died at the hands of a Remington 870
Amen. That gun was given to him by a very good friend of mine. It has a long history of turkey killing. We’re honored to be continuing the tradition.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If a guy had to cut plexiglass, what would you dudes say is the best way to do so without cracking it?
Whatever material you use tape both sides with scotch blue and then mark and cut on tape. I like a fine tooth oscillating Saber saw. But, like DJ said a table saw on straight lines will work too.

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

🤣

Make sure you pull out the correct cork on the queen box when you put the queen in the hive!

I pulled the wrong one last weekend, because I was distracted (dog was rolling around at my feet, because he got stung), and the workers immediately balled her and tried to kill the queen. I managed to pick her up and get her back in the box, and all is well now a week later...