Craftsman e150 lawn tractor

mbfast03

New OPE Member
Local time
7:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello I’m getting close charger port and I tried everything to restring the machine several times and also even buying a new switch and still get that error code anyone know how to fix or bypass that

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oem Switch, or something that fits from where ever ? switches come 2 styles, (now days to do much trouble shooting one has to have and know how to use an ohm meter) normally open or normally closed contact points. If by restring you mean you ran a new wire/s and it is a oem specific switch for that circuit, then i would say it is a board issue .

mbfast03

New OPE Member
Local time
7:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i looked up the swtich and it is a microwave switch comm and nc installed new switch and no change kw3a switch

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
what you wrote says that you still have shorted circuit as when you close the door the circuit should be open. there should be some small area on the door that actuates the switch when the door is closed . I have seen things a simple as a self stick little pad to accomplish this . Which after time tend to fall off. You need to ascertain if the switch is being activated. The best way is use an ohm meter to check for continuity or not accross the lead to ground or leads if there 2 of them. There is also a possibility that after running new lead(s) that somewhere you my have pinched same again causing a problem.